Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Piel, Jack wrote:

Matthew,

We have been given the opportunity to do a presentation for the Cannon Camp Fair on March 13 from 10-2. I have accepted and think it would be great if you could join me there and present something about the robotics component. Maybe show examples of different stages of building the robot and then what a programmed robot can do. If this is possible CAMMP can pay you $100 for your time. I know it’s not much but hey, we’re broke. Let me know if this is possible so that I can let them know that you’ll be joining me there.

Jack
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Matthew Green
Date: Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: March 13 at Cannon
To: "P, Jack"


Hi Jack,

Good luck on your presentation! I would love to demonstrate the capabilities of my robot, but he isn't yet ready for "mainstream" as I still have not been able to teach him the emotion that we humans call "love". 100 dollars would still be great, and if Cannon is interested, I would love to use the money to go towards my robot's fancy death ray laser arms.

You may also want to try to get in touch with "your" Matthew Green since he may be more interested than I am.

(A different) Matthew Green

No comments:

Post a Comment